Saturday, February 21, 2009

Update...

I am a week into recovery from surgery. Its given me alot of time to window shop online.

Towards the book drive this month...
  • Not as successful as I'd hoped it would be. I have very few books to send.
  • I do have a list of state-awarded children-recommended books that I can add to my wish list. I am going to see if any are available at Barnes&Noble.com because I have a gift card to their site I haven't spent yet. It won't be permabound, but it would be on the AR book list. Maybe the quiz can be ordered separately.

Towards my goal of 100 hat/scarf/mitten sets by this fall...

  • I ordered 10 yards of mix and match fleece, prints and solids and...
  • I got free shipping with an online coupon
  • And the fabric is on its way...I may be able to start cutting and sewing this week!
  • I have the pattern...now am going to have someone help me start tracing patterns of each size in the pattern kit so I don't have to use the original pattern at all. That will help it last longer. I guess that would really be the first step before sewing.
  • I clicked through every polar fleece print and solid online, and made a wishlist at the fabric website so that when I get new funds to get fabric, I have the legwork all done already.

Towards my goal of every class adopted by fall (7 classrooms in all)

  • Still banking zero for new groups to adopt a classroom.
  • I think I'd like to put together a simple portfolio--mix of pictures and words--that I could use to go to groups and talk about the adopt-a-classroom project

That's my update for today! Not alot of progress, but its to the best of my ability this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment