Monday, March 2, 2009

March Update

I am now two weeks to the day into my surgery recovery. Below is an update on progress.



Snag with Permabound AR Books...


  • Customers are required to purchase a minimum of 20 quizzes per book at $3 each
  • I don't have that much money raised
  • Now that I know, I will be better prepared next school year



Book Wish List at Barnes and Noble...6 Down, Thirty-One to Go!

  • I've made a wish list of 37 early reader books written and illustrated by Eric Carle. The picture posted is one of his books on the list.
  • http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/WishList.aspx --this is where you can find my wish list
  • I had enough funds on hand to purchase the first 6 books on the list...and with FREE SHIPPING! SWEET!
  • If you'd like to send a book to the school, please leave a comment and I will contact you with the information.

Hat/Scarf/Mitten Sets


  • 8 of the 10 yards of fleece arrived on Saturday...one fleece was out of stock and it happened to be the fleece with the multi-color print. I ordered 3 other fleece solids to go with the print. Not very convenient.

  • I need to make copies of the patterns before I start cutting...and I can't drive to the store to buy myself some interfacing to make the patterns. Ug. Delays.

Portfolio Progress

  • One thing I want to accomplish is setting up a simple portfolio to adequately describe the community and their needs.

  • I found several "before and after" photos of structures in the community that have been renovated through small-community grants.

  • I have also found several 2001 flood pictures.

  • And, I found a few pictures of some of the bright spots of the town such as playground, basketball court, campground, and wildlife.

  • Now the next step is to get more data to go with the pictures. I'm on it!

As always, thanks for stopping by! Please join me in helping improve the lives of children in need. I check for comments regularly...leave contact info and I'll get in touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment